At Nothing in the Rulebook, we love starting conversations and building new creative relationships. So we were thrilled to be invited onto a wonderful new podcast called Better Known Show, hosted by Ivan Wise, which seeks to uncover new things that guests think should be better known.
As Ivan set out in an article for NITRB, “If you need a recommendation right now, there will be no shortage of suggestions. The problem is that far too many of them are exactly the same.”
Well, we couldn’t agree more. On the show, we pick six things we think should be better known. If you don’t want to spoil the surprise – click the link and subscribe (on Android or iTunes), and check out our episode!
But, if you don’t mind spoilers, read on!
6 things that should be better known, according to Nothing in the Rulebook
- The Future Library project in Norway
- Dr Chuck Tingle Professor of Massage
- The bad sex in fiction awards
- No Alibis book shop http://www.noalibis.com
- Richard Serra’s “portend I slugten” at the Louisiana art gallery in Denmark http://channel.louisiana.dk/video/richard-serra-porten-i-slugten
- Josh Spiller’s IF comic book anthology on superheroes
And a few things that we mention that almost made the cut:
- Dung Beetle Books and Miriam Elia – creator of the ‘We Go to the Gallery’ picture book series –
- Mr Bs emporium and Toppings bookshop in Bath
- Townes van Zandt (musician) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Townes_Van_Zandt
Now what are you waiting for? Go listen to the episode!